F*#ggin Cold
Damn straight it is cold here. Cold as hell. 20's most of the day and I am mad. Windy too. Very Windy. Won't let up for several days. Found a kids scarf to wrap around my neck and have not taken it off. Ya can tell I am an old lady because I have a scarf WITH a hooded sweatshirt on. Fashion insult walking.
Took Mitchel to a physical today. He is just fine. Swimming lessons tonight and both boys are really trying and no longer scared of the water. Cool!
Tried to reach a counselor type person today via email to get her to call me about Mitchel being bullied at school. This is what I sent:
"I would like to talk to you sometime today(Wed) about Mitchel and some recent incidents in school. I am available by phone or in person most of the school day. My work/home number and cell phone are below if you would please call me."
I got an email back stating some stuff about Mitchel getting into trouble in class and to talk to his teacher. Another strike against Catholic school no one knows how to communicate. Dang, all I wanted was for them to call me because there is not a direct phone to the teachers and associates and I thought it would be easier for them to catch me than for me to catch them.
Got a chance to talk to a parent today and she said that one of the kids Mitchel has problems with is in counseling for being mean. The other was expelled after he physically hurt a girl! Wow, wish I had known that before.
I feel like giving up. Mitchel sees every teacher in the school as his intellectual equal and has little respect for them because they do not allow him to even explain himself. I told him to use whatever force that is necessary to take care of the bullies. He is allowed to park his butt on a sit in strike in the office to get attention if needed in order to not have to go out for recess(he fears he will get hurt as he often does). I said if you just sit there and refuse to move, they will call me. Then maybe they will care what I have to say.
On a lighter note, we got to go to an open house at Eleanor Roosevelt Middle School last night where Mitchel will be going to school. I think it will be a good fit. There is an Assistant Principle for each grade to keep the kids in check. Lot of kids though - 1050 student this year combined of 6-7-8 grades. They keep them pretty seperate though. I am so excited for him and all the resources that the school holds. They can handle special needs all the way through talented and gifted.
I am going to take my 2 heater dogs to bed with me soon to keep warm. Going to Madison tomorrow for a video production software thingy from 10-12 and then sushi and some shopping. Boys are staying with my neighbor first thing in the am and after school. Mitchel is volunteering to go in early 7:30 to help set up for the Seder meal at school. Brownie points with Sr. Donna???? I can only pray.
Keep warm and your plants covered.
Took Mitchel to a physical today. He is just fine. Swimming lessons tonight and both boys are really trying and no longer scared of the water. Cool!
Tried to reach a counselor type person today via email to get her to call me about Mitchel being bullied at school. This is what I sent:
"I would like to talk to you sometime today(Wed) about Mitchel and some recent incidents in school. I am available by phone or in person most of the school day. My work/home number and cell phone are below if you would please call me."
I got an email back stating some stuff about Mitchel getting into trouble in class and to talk to his teacher. Another strike against Catholic school no one knows how to communicate. Dang, all I wanted was for them to call me because there is not a direct phone to the teachers and associates and I thought it would be easier for them to catch me than for me to catch them.
Got a chance to talk to a parent today and she said that one of the kids Mitchel has problems with is in counseling for being mean. The other was expelled after he physically hurt a girl! Wow, wish I had known that before.
I feel like giving up. Mitchel sees every teacher in the school as his intellectual equal and has little respect for them because they do not allow him to even explain himself. I told him to use whatever force that is necessary to take care of the bullies. He is allowed to park his butt on a sit in strike in the office to get attention if needed in order to not have to go out for recess(he fears he will get hurt as he often does). I said if you just sit there and refuse to move, they will call me. Then maybe they will care what I have to say.
On a lighter note, we got to go to an open house at Eleanor Roosevelt Middle School last night where Mitchel will be going to school. I think it will be a good fit. There is an Assistant Principle for each grade to keep the kids in check. Lot of kids though - 1050 student this year combined of 6-7-8 grades. They keep them pretty seperate though. I am so excited for him and all the resources that the school holds. They can handle special needs all the way through talented and gifted.
I am going to take my 2 heater dogs to bed with me soon to keep warm. Going to Madison tomorrow for a video production software thingy from 10-12 and then sushi and some shopping. Boys are staying with my neighbor first thing in the am and after school. Mitchel is volunteering to go in early 7:30 to help set up for the Seder meal at school. Brownie points with Sr. Donna???? I can only pray.
Keep warm and your plants covered.

3 Comments:
Poor Mitchell.....
That is my biggest fear for Gary as he gets older. He is and always has been a sensitive soul, I fear he's going to get pummeled in school. I think Brendan, on the other hand, will be able to hold his own. That little shit beats the tar out of Gary already!!
I hope the new middle school next year will be a positive move in the right direction for him.
By
Mel, At
3:37 PM
I got my ass kicked all the time by bullies in school, and even though my dad threw one of the a-holes up against the school bus one morning in an effort to make him stop, it only made matters worth.
Ironically, I was a public school student who later was transferred to a private (religious) school where things were tons better.
I trust you'll do what is right for Mitchell. He deserves you and Ron for parents (and I mean that as a good thing!). :)
By
Weekenderman, At
6:09 PM
Hey, you went to Madison, and didn't give us a call?
I was home with the kids too :)
-Eric-
By
Anonymous, At
4:41 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home