No School
No school on Thur or Friday this week because of parent/teacher conferences. Boys are so excited, although we have nothing planned. Mitchels report was negative - I wish she could start out by saying one thing. His teacher is a Sister and he is getting 70% - S- in religion - I think that means she is flunking in that spot!That just happens to be his favorite subject though. Funny, he has the other teacher for one class, and one class only and she gave him an E(equivalent to an A) in Science.
Willie is doing much better but needs some handwriting and spelling help. They offer summer school this year - FINALLY but it is $360 for math or reading or $720 for both. I went online and by the whole classroom materials for $250. I think the boys can spend 30 mins with me at the table at $15 an hour.
The whole school thing so frustrates me. I guess I just hate all the nit picking about handwriting and spelling and neatness. My kids grasp the concept and I guess that is what I see as most important. They are boys, not girls and hate to write things out. Yeah, it takes alot of time. How would I like it if I had to hand write this out and send it to ya'll via mail. NO WAY!
Friday I am taking a class on business writing and grammer. Being in the house of writing failures, I need to brush up on my skills. I have no one to correct me around here.
Plants are starting to bud out, tulips are getting higher, and Lucy is in the pond again this morning for her nap in the plant bucket. Rain, rain go away.
Willie is doing much better but needs some handwriting and spelling help. They offer summer school this year - FINALLY but it is $360 for math or reading or $720 for both. I went online and by the whole classroom materials for $250. I think the boys can spend 30 mins with me at the table at $15 an hour.
The whole school thing so frustrates me. I guess I just hate all the nit picking about handwriting and spelling and neatness. My kids grasp the concept and I guess that is what I see as most important. They are boys, not girls and hate to write things out. Yeah, it takes alot of time. How would I like it if I had to hand write this out and send it to ya'll via mail. NO WAY!
Friday I am taking a class on business writing and grammer. Being in the house of writing failures, I need to brush up on my skills. I have no one to correct me around here.
Plants are starting to bud out, tulips are getting higher, and Lucy is in the pond again this morning for her nap in the plant bucket. Rain, rain go away.

1 Comments:
I totally agree with you... school isn't about "beautiful handwriting" its about all the fundamentals... I'm frustrated too. Who writes these days, seriously???
By
Lis, At
8:30 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home