Good Life
I realize that we have a pretty good life and get to do a multitude of things. Click here to view all the photos from the Masonic Temple.There is a fall our shelter for 1200 persons in tunnels that are underground of the building that is 75 years old. We learned alot by going late to the open house after all the dedications and finding the right man to walk us through. TWO hours later, we left with a great apppreciation for a huge building. As you look at the photos, those are individual meeting rooms, although they might look similar.
Not really what I thought my life would be like. But this weekend proved to be a bit of an adventure. I jumped out of the shower on Friday and 20 mins later met Jeff to wander through the old HnH building down on 30th and Jackson. Whew! Walked up metal stairs missing steps, Heard bats hissing at us, waded through inches of pigeon poop, walked through warehouse rooms full of wet asbestos insulation. MMM, doesn't it sound delicious. Oh, and I forgot my flashlight and it was pitch black. But it was quite an adventure wondering what the next staircase would lead to. An amazing building that had been let go for way too long.
Ron on the otherhand, got to go in the otherside of the building on Saturday. It appears from the outside to be a big block of solid buildings, but it is actually several buildings together. The North building is in much better condition. The whole premise of this is to document the buildings to find funding and a plan so that it is not torn down. They are beautiful from the outside and quite historic.
We then went to the Masonic Temple after Ron picked us up.
Sunday we went out for breakfast and then to church. Afterward we stopped at Sams for gas and a few groceries. Then grab our equipment to videotape a fashion show at Resurrection. They had beautiful desserts and linen table clothes before hand. I found out the night before that I was not allowed to videotape the 2 Priests and Sister in what they would be wearing. I graciously turned my camera off at the point in which I was supposed to. Funny, there were 4 other people that I saw videotaping at this moment, so I switched my camera back on! I decided not to show them on the runway, but to show the crowd reaction. It was like videotaping 21 year old drunk boys seeing their first pole dance! Screaming, laughing people taking photos. I mean everyone with a camera! So what was all the hoopla about you ask? Theisens had outfitted our Priests and Sister in Harley Davidson leather attire! Biker dudes! Very cute, but the Priest did not want the Arch Bishop to see him. Hmmmm, wonder if anyone has a photo of that??????????????????????????
We came home to 70 degrees of sunshine and worked around the yard for a couple of hours. Finally got all the Christmas stuff up in the attic! I could not do it alone and have been bugging Ron to help me. Only took 3 months.
Kids are crabby and tired this am. Mitchel would not eat anything before going to school. Parent teacher conferences tonight should be not fun. I expect Mitchel's teacher to just crab about him. Ok, lets see if she can prove me wrong and say at least one nice thing about him?
Lucy is still coming to visit every am. She is our female duck. She comes and takes a nap by the pond.
Go outside and get some air already!

2 Comments:
It'll be called "Castle Towers Development." Thanks for visually capturing the experience for us! :)
By
Anonymous, At
9:09 PM
By the way, sorry I missed the real exploration of the Masonic Temple that day. I was distracted by a phone call, and when I turned around you guys were nowhere to be found. I searched and searched all over, but finally gave up. You guys must have been in the tunnels by then. My loss.
By
Anonymous, At
10:57 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home