Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Monday, October 02, 2006

HOT!!!

Hot and humid today. Another mouse bit the dust today. It managed to escape the sticky trap only to get stuck on another one - HAHA. Ron and the boys saw it last night and left it overnight to die. Not. It escaped but got stuck on another sticky trap.

Ron put together a flower garden wall that was started in the spring yesterday. I was so sore from taping on Saturday, it was the last thing I wanted to do. I hauled blocks and dirt. Nice job done. It was so beautiful yesterday to be outside.

We went to Red Robin for dinner last night. I ate too much. Funny, I am so used to eating at home and eating my veggies I rarely get stuffed or over full. Last night was an exception. I only ate 1/2 of my burger. We had a great waiter that made Mitchel some suicide drink mixes. That is where you go down the line on the pop dispenser using a bit of everything. He did one left to right and one right to left! So funny.

If you need a place for lunch or dinner, Ron recommends Lot 1. Not my idea of a place to eat so I never went. A couple of weeks ago we went for a burger for a late lunch. We split a burger and a soup. They were fantastic. It was a buffalo burger and not dry!!!! Ron went today and brought me his leftovers. Amazing! Tuna salad wrap and they lightly grilled the wrap and added romaine and cheese. He had the pasta salad that tasted of a rich garlic creamy dressing with plenty of parmesan. It is a must try! They serve until 9pm.

Had a hard drive die on me last week and then I pulled a replacement that was shrink wrapped and brand new off the shelf. It was missing an ac adaptor, so I could not use it at all!!! I lost over 25 hours of work on just one project. I am still learning all the stuff I lost. Yes, I know better. Yes, I usually have backups but for a couple of these things I do not. But for the big one, a wedding, I have the original tapes to go back to. Just sad to loose all that work.

Two more weddings and we are done with weddings for the year. Kids have off school Friday. I am bribing them with Grand Harbor water park fundraiser for school on Thursday night if they have all their work done and did good in school. Willie brought home a 100% on a math test and math work. I cannot tell what is wrong or right on Mitchel's test. I think she has it out for him. Oh well, such is life. There will always be someone personally or professionally that does not think well of you.

No photos and no events that were attended last weekend.

2 Comments:

  • I've got three more weddings to do this year myself, though thankfully two of those will be with Dean. Next year I'm by myself again . . .

    By Blogger Weekenderman, At 10:32 PM  

  • By the way, Lot One is in fact a great place to do lunch. Just this afternoon as I was leaving the Grape Harbor, one of my police friends was heading into Lot One for dinner. Unfortunately I was headed to the Grand Harbor for their Tuesday-evening live music and appetizers, or else I might have joined them.

    Oh well, the officer made a snide comment about the cycling outfit I was wearing and how I don't fill the shorts out out enough.

    I told him he was acting like the cop from the Village People! :)

    By Blogger Weekenderman, At 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home