Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mad Crazy


Actually I have been very happy with the mad crazy world I have been a part of. I have been working on tomatoes from the garden and we finally went away last weekend. Boys were biting my ass and I was ready to kill Sat am. We left and took the Cassville ferry from Wi to Iowa and the up to McGregor. We went for a hike at the Effigy Mounds National buriel mounds monument. I had gotten stung by a yellow jacket on Thursday and was itching, yes itching terribly all day. Every little nit picking thing Willie did to torment me or Mitchel I was ready to throw him over the cliff. It felt so much like a pms day but was not.

Got into McGregor afternoon. The only thing I REALLY wanted to do was eat at the Twisted Chicken Cafe. We got there at 1:40 and they could not handle any more, I was pissed to say the least. We had to eat in some hole-in-the-wall and then went to see a shoot out on main street. They have a spot where they are trying to restore the buildings to saloon times, really cool. Not done yet. There is winery we have to check out next time too.

Onto Prarie du Chein, a smoked fish shop and Cabelas. I was such a naysayer did not want to be there and let my feelings known. We bought a new smoker(little) and I made it manditory that we get a gps dash holder so I did not have to catch the gps sliding across the dash. Sounds funny but you have to see the video. Teddy the little bear is our gps holder. GPS stands for global positioning satelites. I hate the little thingy. Anyway now when I look down onto my map it does not come sliding and falling my way.

Onto La Crosse our final desination. We found and checked into our hotel. Went to folk fest and they were cleaning up. Went to Buzzard Billies for dinner since I found it on the internet. Food was fun and hot. Told Mitchel to have the aligator bites but he would not. Went to folk fest which ended about 10:30.

Tiny pool at hotel was open until 12 so from 11-11:45 I let the boys swim in a private pool - no one else was there on a Sat night. I drank a soda and read a local paper. So wished I could go in the hot tub. My yellow jacket bite was hot swollen and looked infected so it was a no.

When I awoke my bite was much better. Today, Thursday it still it itches and feels bad.

Next day gas in the car and tried to find a farmers market, it was non-existant. Onward to Black River Falls area where Ron vacationed as a child. On the way I was reading my Wisconsin Oddities- pictured in the photo- so we stopped at FAST company. Here we are above with my book. The company makes the molds and fiberglass statues and such you see all over the US. We were able to check out their graveyard - no shit this is one of the highlights of my trip.

Onward to Black River Falls. The lake had been drained many feet. Second hightilght of my trip was the Bloody Mary Bar after noon at the bar that is now located where the Sahara? was. It was a make your own bloody mary and we sat at an outside porch area while the boys went to a gaming gazebo!

On through Wisc Dells. Played a few games and ate some sushi. Boys were terrible and man did I let them know it. I am still pissed and not pmsing.

Ron took the day off on Monday and the kids started school on Tuesday.

3 Comments:

  • Poor Jen. We all have days like that, don't we? I feel sorry for the kids
    'caus all I do is yell at them when I have a day like that! Hope you're feeling better now....if not, have one of those 2 pm beers!

    By Blogger Mel, At 7:55 AM  

  • YIKES... bite sounds OUCHY... hope you are feeling better soon! I know those days... just have a beer or 2 like Mel mentioned :)

    By Blogger Lis, At 12:01 PM  

  • I know how you feel, Jen, and I'm a guy! How sad is that . . .?

    By Blogger Weekenderman, At 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home