Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Monday, August 21, 2006

Ramblings

I have been so to the point lately- or is that always-that I have not felt the urge to ramble or blog. Marie called tonight to make sure I was alright. Funny I was thinking of her only moments earlier.

Vibes
I have been more into what I call a "gut feeling" lately. I have mentioned it to Ron and the boys that somethings just do not feel right. Oprah says listen to what people tell you the first time. We all have been in situations where when we look back we did see or hear signs but just ignored them.

Nothing big. Mitchel wanted to sleep over at a friends house. I just did not feel right about him doing it since earlier in the day he was not feeling well. I let him go but told him to call me at 9:30 and I would decide then if he could stay overnight. At 9:30 he assured me that he would go to sleep at 12 and that he felt ok. Well the phone rang at 12:20 and I was awake. Just could not go to sleep for some reason - vibes maybe. He got kicked in the groin and wanted to come home. It was within yelling distance so I walked up immediately and we walked home together. Come to find out a few days later Mitchel ran a fever so he was getting sick. Gut feeling.

Been very busy attending all kinds of little parties, events etc. I bowed out of 2-3 in the last 10 days and let Ron go in my place. We had a "Raw" party which ended up having none of the people show up that I had originally anticipated. Close family and neighbors came to the rescue. Jeff so graciously helped us finish up the sushi grade fish on Monday night, the night after the party.

Finally took the boys to Catfish planet one day at the River Museum. They wanted to go all summer. Was fun and they got a gift bag with a water bottle, koosie, pencil, magnet and postcard.

I went for a bike ride with the boys the other day and went out for lunch at the sub shop. I have been trying to walk or run twice a week. Its not much but about all I manage to get done.
We had an unusual wedding at a rural church in Illinois and the a reception at Captain Merry
Ended up getting home at 2am, yes 2am the latest I have ever worked from a private ceremony and dinner for about 10 guests. I knew very little about the bride and groom, but had promised a go with the flow attitude for the day. Ron and I ended up with about a $100 in food/beverages that evening. I am very much dragging today because of it. Oh, yes it was a Sunday night wedding.

Boys and Ron have been talking about our trip to Kentucky in November. Seems so far off to me. We are going to finally do something this weekend and spend a night in LaCrosse and board the dogs. I spent $50 getting the dogs ready for kenneling. Kennel cough is required shot. We are going to see our great friends Mike and Amy Finders Band play on Saturday night. Hope to take a few photos of the Mississippi river from Effigy Mounds or Pikes Peak along the river front. Might take a day trip on Sunday to Madison or Black River Falls area. I said I do not want to plan anything at all but to be back by 7:30 to get the dogs.

We are now working on a BBQ party. Ron wanted to buy a bigger smoker and I told him I did not support it. He talked himself out of it tonight at Menards and we bought some smoking chips instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home