Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Friday, July 21, 2006

Rain Rain

Lots of rain for a July month! We had an inch and a half a few days ago. Had a great lightning storm the other night. Had some boys sleeping over and they sat in the front room watching the lightning. What a great summer thing to do.

I forgot a project and the customer called yesterday. Finally started it at 9pm last night and finished it at midnight. All this so I could take the boys fishing this am. We were all bored within 15 minutes. Mitchel did manage to bait his own hook this time. Best part for me was seeing a fox on the way back home. It looked like Simba in the distance. I turned the car around and when I went back it ran into the corn field. We were far away but when it turned I saw it was not a deer.

Mitchel put out a thistle feeder and some blackoil sunflower seeds in the feeder. Then he and ron took down a bunch of sunflower heads to dry and put them on the deck. The gold finches are loud! They are all over and very brillant. Pulled out the huge camera lens but then it started to rain so I did not get any shots. Ron got a new camera. A Canon 30 D, it has a larger viewfinder on back.

Finally getting a catch up day here. I was freaking out the last 2 days on getting 2 projects done and packing up server parts to be returned and replaced. Had to run to Monticello yesterday to get some boxes. Boys love a car ride!

Might go to All that Jazz in the rain on the plaza. Otherwise will be working on finalizing the Evening on the Green program, nametags, and posters. Ron needs to do a print. He will submit some photos to the fair tomorrow. He has been working on getting them ready.

Time to start thinking about back to school supplies! Hardest thing is now the kids actually care what I buy. I knew it would come some day. Before this I could buy whatever I wanted. Love strong opinated folks. Guess I now have a couple under my roof.

1 Comments:

  • Lots of rain and lots of sizzling heat. Now it's just about time for the weekend, when we'll encounter lots of alcoholic beverages and lots of fun with friends.

    I hope we're not complaining! ;)

    By Blogger Weekenderman, At 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home