Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Friday, August 25, 2006

Nate Jenkins

Went to see Nate Jenkins last night at the Busted Lift. Still feel like Nate is still trying to find his peace in his songs. He seems to be searching for something, not quite comfortable.

Off to LaCrosse tomorrow via all kinds of side trips. Hopefully we will finally make our destination. Kids will not go to bed tonight. We had a great day of errands, garage sales and lunch at Marios. They had never had pizza bread with cheese. OH my so glad I went for a walk/jog this am! It is absolutely the best. Fresh pizza dough, olive oil, garlic and cheese! Mario is walking pretty slow these days but he still has an Italian eye for women. He was so cute for an old man. I said good afternoon to him and paid my bill on the way out.

I tried to take care of a few tomatos this afternoon. Peeled, seeded and pulverized some and put on trays in the dehydrator to make fruit leather. It is so wonderful for dressings and soups. Without my deep freeze I am limited to how much I can freeze.

Mitchel and Ron went for a bike ride tonight. Thank God for cell phones. Mitchel could only make about the 4 mile mark with Ron and I had to go get him. Normally I would have made him sweat it out. But it was sundown and the sky was dark and errie and I thought it just might storm. Ron made it all the way. Almost 8 miles to Bergfeld pond and back. There is an area where I saw a red fox and the other day a wild turkey on that route.

School starts on Tuesday! Yippee!!!

1 Comments:

  • I haven't been on my bike in, hmm.... 4-5 years? Ouch. I just wish I didn't live at the top of a BITCH of a hill!! Just when you think you're all done with you ride and you're heading home...wait! One more MONSTER hill to go up!

    By Blogger Mel, At 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home