Seeing your breath
Remember what a thrill it was to see your breath outside? Almost like blowing smoke? Kids were excited today that they could see their breath this am. Simple pleasures.
We attended a volunteer potluck at the arboretum tonight. There are over 300 volunteers making it the largest, all volunteer arboretum in the country. Boys stayed home alone and were very good. They were rewarded by getting McDonalds as their second dinner. There is a new McD's very close to our house.
Boys got off of school early today so I said we are cleaning. Spent a couple of hours in the basement,but you cannot really tell. I did dishes twice today by hand and ran the dishwasher.
We went to a business pm last night followed by a birthday party for my friend Bryce. It is such a great community we live in. Bryce actually does what I do, but I call him my friend, not my competition. He does video production, web design and runs the paper Dubuque 364 INK and dubuque365.com, and plays guitar in a band. We all chipped in for a new guitar he had been dreaming of for years. Really cool to see his eyes swell at the sight of his new baby. You could tell he was really surprised. The party was to be a surprise also. He told me at the biz pm to come over to his place cause it seemed like there was going to be a party since his girlfriend called and said to stop there and she would never do that he said. Too funny.
Ron got a promotion this week. The cover shot of Dubuque365INK came from Ron. He also has his photo on the second page of contributors. He is named as photographer too. He worked very hard for this promotion. AND he did not have to even ask for it. Thanks Bryce.
Think carmel apples, bright orange pumpkins and blowing leaves. Fall is here.
We attended a volunteer potluck at the arboretum tonight. There are over 300 volunteers making it the largest, all volunteer arboretum in the country. Boys stayed home alone and were very good. They were rewarded by getting McDonalds as their second dinner. There is a new McD's very close to our house.
Boys got off of school early today so I said we are cleaning. Spent a couple of hours in the basement,but you cannot really tell. I did dishes twice today by hand and ran the dishwasher.
We went to a business pm last night followed by a birthday party for my friend Bryce. It is such a great community we live in. Bryce actually does what I do, but I call him my friend, not my competition. He does video production, web design and runs the paper Dubuque 364 INK and dubuque365.com, and plays guitar in a band. We all chipped in for a new guitar he had been dreaming of for years. Really cool to see his eyes swell at the sight of his new baby. You could tell he was really surprised. The party was to be a surprise also. He told me at the biz pm to come over to his place cause it seemed like there was going to be a party since his girlfriend called and said to stop there and she would never do that he said. Too funny.
Ron got a promotion this week. The cover shot of Dubuque365INK came from Ron. He also has his photo on the second page of contributors. He is named as photographer too. He worked very hard for this promotion. AND he did not have to even ask for it. Thanks Bryce.
Think carmel apples, bright orange pumpkins and blowing leaves. Fall is here.

1 Comments:
How long do I have to be your friend before I get a new digital camera for my birthday? Or do I have to be a fellow video producer first? :)
By
Weekenderman, At
7:55 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home