Birds and more

I thought bird banding sounded stupid. I asked to go cross country skiing while they were at the EB Lyons Interpretive Center at the Mines of Spain. Funny, had no idea that my boys would get any hands on with the birds. It was amazing. They got to catch and watch birds be banded, weighed and help them be released. Willie is releasing a bird here. Mitchel was absolutely mesmorized. I did go skiing for a few moments and then worked on a plan with one of the board members to secure 1.4-2 million dollars for an expansion project. This is a great elderly gentleman that really wants to see this succeed. I said yes we can do it! I am on the marketing committee, how fitting.
Came back and had my birthday/Valentines dinner. Grilled some big ass steaks, crab, home made blue potatoe chips, broccoli, salad and CHAMPAGNE! I had to go out and get some glasses for a bottle I had been saving. Willie was afraid to use the new glasses.
8pm and time to watch some tv for me.
Were having a heat wave.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home