Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Caffiene no shower

Ok, caffiene rocks. I did 2 cups of coffee, threw my hair in a band and worked all day. Brought in most, not all, of the Christmas decor outside and threw it in the garage. Will go throught it later. There is a chance of ice, water, snow over the weekend and I do not want the stuff frozen in. Ron will take another 2 months if I leave it up to him to bring it in.

Got lots of VC work done today and a few loads of laundry. The kitchen is still a mess from Sat but oh well. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mitchel just jumped up and said OH and ran upstairs. I jumped and ran in to find him going pee. I said I thought you were going to get sick. He said I thought I was gonna hurl. UGH. I put his homework in the front room on the laminate floor for him to do. Dang, do not want that stuff again.

Ok, if there is someone out there I forgot to email, we have somehow made a parent of the year commentary. Page 2 on the PDF link below:
http://partners.dubuque365.com/ink/365ink.pdf

I guess it was a carmel that somehow possessed Bryce to write about us. Kind of odd that a single guy was thinking of parenting. And how we went to the top of his ranks I will never know. Now everyone will be watching for our kids. Publication officially hits the stands tomorrow in print. We'll have to see what kind of response we get on that one.

Ron said yeah I guess he kind of hit the nail on the head. When Mitchel was 4 DAYS old we took him to Hoooters. When Willie was 5 months old we took him through the Smokey Mountains and he could not even walk. Guess I do not think of myself, with or without kids, as being adventurous. but I guess we are in our own warped sorta way.

I remember Jerry P. saying, oh, you brought your kids? Guess they will be all burned out of partying by the time they reach being teenagers. That was a lightbulb moment for me Mel, I had not given dragging my kids to an overnight party in a valley with a keg and a band a second thought. Sad but true.

Any thoughts on the old saying: What does not kill you , makes you stronger?

At least I did not call my sons by the name "Sue". Sorry too much Man in Black CD from Ron over the weekend.

3 Comments:

  • I take Aletheia around to all kinds of locations and events as well (I prefer to call them "field trips") but until I find another woman worthy to be called my "wife" I suppose Bryce won't be writing about me.

    To be sure, you and Ron deserve this! :)

    By Blogger Weekenderman, At 9:50 PM  

  • Ah....A Boy Named Sue. I was just listening to that this past weekend, as well....

    By Blogger Mel, At 10:17 PM  

  • You absolutely deserve it! You two are WONDERFUL parents!!! Jer and I totally look up to you both! Can we adopt you for our kids... since somedays I feel like I suck at this whole parenting thing...

    By Blogger Lis, At 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home