Time: Where does it go?
This weekend went so fast! Thursday night we got Uncle Chuck to babysit so we could see our friends Finders playing at the Busted Lift. Friday night we had comp tickets to a wine tasting in Galena and ended up closing the bar on the main street. I have never been to Galena late, their closing bar time is 1pm.
Sat night I went to bed at 8:30. I was whipped from the previous nights. Boys just came into the office a few moments ago. They heard screaming. Me, I do not flinch and yes I believe them. My neighbor has 2 autistic children and it is raining. I heard one screaming one night getting into the car. They both do not like the rain. Sure enough I look out and see Eric in the car. Told the boys all is well and to go back to bed. Dad next door watching his kids until about 8:30 when they go back to moms to sleep. He has them from the time they get off school until bedtime.
I did not know until recently that shared-time as it is called is now the norm in Iowa for divorcing parents. Not sure if that is good or bad for kids. Just know I do not want to ever go there.
Took the boys to Ice Age 2 - The Melt down on SAT. It was so fun. I made Ron stay home. Boys took me up into the nose bleed seats. It did not have a bunch of catchy songs so the plot had to carry it. And carry it, it did very well. I was glued and I laughed. The ending is not what I expected either.
Went to an all Spanish mass today at 1pm. Got up and rolling too late and did not want to wait until 5:30pm mass. Ron wanted to go to 9pm Loras and that is too late for kids. He is there now. Kids were bored, but I was able to follow along in the missolet well. It is the same thing I said as regular mass! There was a special ceremony at the end. I have to figure out what it was for a little girl. Resurrection paris was well represented there. Willie had 2 classmates and their family there. How fun! It was at St. Patricks in the downtown.
I get to go to school twice this week with Willie for a breakfast and to help out with something special tomorrow.
Happy (wet here) Spring
Sat night I went to bed at 8:30. I was whipped from the previous nights. Boys just came into the office a few moments ago. They heard screaming. Me, I do not flinch and yes I believe them. My neighbor has 2 autistic children and it is raining. I heard one screaming one night getting into the car. They both do not like the rain. Sure enough I look out and see Eric in the car. Told the boys all is well and to go back to bed. Dad next door watching his kids until about 8:30 when they go back to moms to sleep. He has them from the time they get off school until bedtime.
I did not know until recently that shared-time as it is called is now the norm in Iowa for divorcing parents. Not sure if that is good or bad for kids. Just know I do not want to ever go there.
Took the boys to Ice Age 2 - The Melt down on SAT. It was so fun. I made Ron stay home. Boys took me up into the nose bleed seats. It did not have a bunch of catchy songs so the plot had to carry it. And carry it, it did very well. I was glued and I laughed. The ending is not what I expected either.
Went to an all Spanish mass today at 1pm. Got up and rolling too late and did not want to wait until 5:30pm mass. Ron wanted to go to 9pm Loras and that is too late for kids. He is there now. Kids were bored, but I was able to follow along in the missolet well. It is the same thing I said as regular mass! There was a special ceremony at the end. I have to figure out what it was for a little girl. Resurrection paris was well represented there. Willie had 2 classmates and their family there. How fun! It was at St. Patricks in the downtown.
I get to go to school twice this week with Willie for a breakfast and to help out with something special tomorrow.
Happy (wet here) Spring

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home