Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Monday, October 15, 2007

Funeral

Ron is gone Mon/Tue this week to attend his uncles funeral. Seems odd for me to not be there too. I did not want to take kids out of school for 2 days though.

Friday was the ribbon cutting for the new McGraw-Hill building. When I got there the formalities were over and I walked into the building right past Terry McGraw. He was just hanging out talking to folks one on one. Very impressive for him to stay for a while. I heard he really liked our Mayor. Way to go Roy! They had a nice picnic and games for kids afterward from 4-6. I took Mitchel down to Swiss Valley for Boy Scouts Camporee. He came home Sunday morning.

Saturday we filled our basket again on Farmers Market. Good news. This year they will continue with a Winter Farmers Market in a nearby storefroht. Sat night we attended an appreciation dinner at the Mines of Spain for volunteers. Then we had a drink at the new Star Restaurant. It is now open. Then off to Isabellas to see the One Hat Band. Thank you Mindy and Jeff for catching up with us there.

Sunday was cooking and cleaning day for me. Had to wash all the stink off of everything Mitchel brought home from camping. Smelled like something died in his shoes! And he wore the same clothes for 3 days. Yes, I think it was the 3 day old socks that stunk up his sleeping bag. It was raining Sat night and Sunday am when they were packing up. So they each had to bring home a tent to dry out. So right now I have a tent set up in the garage drying.

Mitchel's tv series Doctor Doctor should be on air soon The first episode is completed I hear. Will try to let you know when it is on. It will be on Dubuque Mediacom Ch19.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home