Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Garage Sale

We had a very successful block garage sale. Just one day Friday 7-7. It was hot as hell but we still managed to sell alot.

I went to my friend Sofia's for a late dinner and was handed a beer everytime mine was gone! Got up and took her to Farmers Market the next am and on to take a few photos of the Wahlert Track team. Afternoon brought set up for the 3rd annual block party. It was next door at Divinos house. We ended up sitting in the shade on the side of the house to keep out of the sun. The big boys decided to play football on the street. 2 skinned knees, a broken foot and some sore muscles later they stopped. Kids played in pools, sprinkler and slip-n-slide. We did a corn boil and had people grill their own meats.

Later we set up our projector and stereo on the side of the house and played 2 movies for the kids. I tried to sing Karoke with a neighbor but I think the beer messed with our voices. Things broke up when the card game ended.

Clean up the next morning and breakfast at Noon. Went to Tabor Winery to see David Zollo and check out the vineyard. Home and my guys cleaned up the garage - the block party puked all kinds of junk in there the night before.

This week is registration for both boys for school. Willie's school is still nearing completion but they have not let the teachers in yet. They are supposed to be able to get in by Friday the 17th and school orientation is the 27th. That gives them about a week to get settled. That is if they can get in then. I will know more later today.

Took a car load of stuff to St. Vinnies and then got rid of 3 bags of cans/bottles. So I am trying to clean up. I need about 2 weeks off work to make even a dent!!

1 Comments:

  • Wow, I go to L.A. for just a week and you guys have tons of fun in my absence!

    This past weekend I opted to NOT have a yard sale and instead took three pickup truck loads to the landfill.

    Err, make that I paid someone ELSE to take three loads to the stinky landfill! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home