Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 4-25

Whew! Guess I have not thought about this blog in a while. If you wonder what we are up to, you can always check digitaldubuque.com.

Lots of festivals, birthday parties and weddings have been attended over the last month. The garden is in full swing and between the gardens and the lawn I have been putting in many hours in upkeep. Mitchel was doing the lawn for me but had really neglected trimming.

Mitchel is at a week of overnight scout camp. Ron worries about him each and every day - it is so cute. Me, I think he will survive whatever happens. Ron says if he likes it, he will want to go again next year. If he does not like it, he will appreciate what he has here at home. Either way, as parents, we win!!

Fair week this week. Have a few photos on display in the 4H building. I am going to try to take some produce and herbs out on Saturday but not sure because we have to go get Mitchel also.

Soon time to start back to school shopping. Have all the lists of what we need. Summer has just gone too fast. Garage sale followed by a block party is coming in August. As well as McGraw-Hill move to the new building.

I got this quote today by email. I really like this. Kids need to gain self confidence so others cannot pick on them.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

— Eleanor Roosevelt

Self-confidence begins with the knowledge that you are a good person. If you believe in that fundamental fact, then other people's negativity cannot hurt you.


Stand tall folks!

1 Comments:

  • Nice to hear from you, Jen! We've missed you! Been pretty busy here, too...I just think summer is that way for everyone.

    By Blogger Mel, At 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home