Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Monday, December 04, 2006

Just a cut


Made it through a crazy weekend. Friday we hung the photos for Rons display at Miguels that will run through the month of December. Please join us this Thursday night at Miguels from 6-8 for a cup of good cheer and to see his prints.

Saturday I prepped food for my friend Angela's Fabulous party. We had an invite to Jennie & Cathys party too. We were waiting for Ron to be ready and he was framing one last print to take to Miguels. I told him to hurry up. So he asked if I could clean a plate of glass for the frame. I was ticked and mad cause it was taking him so long to get ready and he could have done this at Noon that day. The glass had a haze on it so I took it out and placed it on the carpet floor and proceeded to SCRUB hard with glass cleaner and a paper towel. In my back and forth motion I slipped off the glass and kept scrubbing, tearing my ring finger across the edge of the glass with a force to move a mountain. GASH. I knew immediately that it was bad. So I wrapped the dirty, glass cleaner soaked rag around it and ran up to have Ron wrap me up. He did and it would not stop bleeding. I was holding it above my head and felt my hair wet with blood. Yuck
Ron rewrapped it twice with a tight bandaid. My finger tip turned blue and we headed out the door.

The swelling went down and my finger turned back to normal but it hurt very bad. Went to Henkels for a while and then onto Angelas. I had prepped food to be put on her dishes. Had to go there and take it all out of packages and arrange an antipasto platter for her. Ron and I acted as host and hostesses for the evening. Everyone thought Ron was paid to be bar tender. As I was cleaning up bottles and refilling the beer tub I saw blood on the counter. Yuck I was bleeding again. 2 nurses in the room said I needed stitches. Thanks, but I did not. So I got my trusty dusty baby wash cloth I brought with me and wrapped it around my finger. Hence the photo above. I am wearing a vintage 60's dress and jewlery.

Got home at about 3am.

Sunday we lazed around and I spent 1/2 hour soaking my bandaid off and listening to Ron say he wanted to take me to the emergency room. I said no. I was right. He said it was not as bad as he thought. We went to an Advent wreath making event at church. The men did all the work since I am still handicapped. Tried to go to a Christmas concert at Loras, but the TH screwed up the information - it is next weekend. Went to Mass at 5:30 Cathedral and they asked us to bring up the gifts. That was cool. Stopped and picked up some of our stuff at Angela's on the way home and drove by Jason's place to see his lights.

Willie makes first reconcilliation tonight at Res. Two hour event. We have to stay until all are done.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry about your cut, but your hair is looking great! Love, Marie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:45 PM  

  • Yikes girlie! Were you trying to loose a finger... Hope you are OK!

    By Blogger Lis, At 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home