Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dog Scratch

Kids were playing outside Sat, it was a beautiful, but still a bit chilly, day. I ran an errand and while I was gone Mitchel came home and had been scratched down the entire cheek by a neighbor dog - that was about 3:30. Ron briefly mentioned it. Mitchel came home about 5pm and I looked at him and told him to come in. His eye was all bloodshot. Now as you know I do not usually jump, but since it was his eye I felt I needed to take him in to be seen.

Off to the dr we went. I tried to get him in as Urgent care, but they said they would have to stain the eye, so it was an er visit. Mitchel's first. It was quiet in the waiting room and it really did not take us long. Dr. flipped his eyelids inside out, stained the eye and then looked at it for quite some time. Gave us antibiotic ointment and sent us on our way.

I was about to take a shower and go out for dinner when he had come home from playing. I got home at 7:35 got Mitchel a warm washcloth for his eye. Changed my clothes, brushed my hair, dropped off both kids at Grandma and Papa's house and made it down to Houlihans by a few moments after 8 to meet some friends for a birthday dinner. Whew!

He is doing much better today. We cleaned around the house and went to the River museum. They had a special log jam celebration, which was pretty lame. Sun was warm and we walked outside a bit. Then up the river to see if we could get a photo of migrating pelicans. Sounds like Ron huh? Then goofed off a bit and to the Cathedral for 5:30 Mass. Soooooooo long. Palm Sunday. Ate mexican food on the way home since it was already 7pm at that time. Too much eating out this weekend!

Busy week ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home