Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Can't Sleep

Dogs woke me up to go outside and I cannot get back to sleep. Have a crazy weekend ahead of me and trying to get everything organized before it happens. Something about our first paid wedding of the year that gets me a bit on edge.

Went to a wedding over the weekend and took the boys. Was fun to go to a wedding at the Arboretum. Cleaned out the pond on Sunday and Ron put in some garden. We have a lot of "volunteers" growing and Ron wants to leave them in. I was trying to tell him that they usually do not produce well. Have to let him see that on his own I guess.

Ron, I and Mitchel all went to Willie's class today. He had his Authors Tea Party. There were 5 classmates that all had written a book. The teacher reads a biography of the author and then the author reads the book to all of us. Afterward the kids get to ask questions about the book - many have questions. Is this a trus story? Why this or that. Really cute! Then we get to have juice and cookies. Since I came I got to take him out of class a few moments early. He was so excited about leaving early. Don't know why. All we do is move the car into the lower parking lot and then wait for Mitchel and Dillon. I give Dillon a ride home every day. It is on my way.

Mitchel has been doing better in school. Minimal homework.

I worked for 5 hours last night picking up, straightening up, doing laundry, dishes etc. Watched Ron's coworkers kids so they could all go out to eat. They have some corporate people in from New York and Colorado(I think). I did not want to go out. Obviously if I could work on the house for 5 hours, I had lots to do. Cleaning ladies come tomorrow. Mixed blessings. I work so hard getting everything rearranged so they can clean. But if they did not come, I bet it would just pile up. Incentive for me to keep things in line.

Euthanized 3 sick fish tonight. Ziploc'd them and put them in the trash. They had algae growing on them. We lost several fish already - something like 5 of them. We were overloaded. Hopefully the clean pond will see the rest back to health.
Don't miss the bird at all. Hope he is in a better place getting more attention. I do not think Ron thought I could get rid of it. I felt no one gave it attention and I could not keep up with its cage cleaning. What a mess! Lets see, in one paragraph that is about 10 less mouths to feed!!

Ron made an incredible vegitarian supper tonight. Wow am I blessed. Looked like about a $40 dish. His Aunt brought us about 3# of morels. We had another inch of rain today. So they wil continue to grow. This will have to be one of the largest years in a long time. Aspargas loves this weather too. MMMM. My neighbor gave me a bouquet of lilacs. I have had lilacs, pussy willows, asparagas, morels, and water cress. All spring traditions.

Time for my alergies to start I guess.

Check back for a photo of Willie's Authors Tea Party.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home