Researching Child Development and Human Relations

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

97 Venture Deal

For those of you who know the story of Ron's old van dying a year ago October, we finally made it to small claims court yesterday.

WE WON!

There were apologies and handshakes and I look forward to getting a check, although smaller than what I had asked for.

We had a court date 2 months ago. When we left mediation, the clerk went to check to see if they could get us in to court that day. When she returned she said that the judge would have to reschedule as he had a conflict - he sits on a board with me. So they rescheduled it until the 16th.

I really did not want to go, but it was actually easier than the mediation. The mediation was a heated throwing of words. They had no idea what our gripe was and had no idea all of the background we had on the issue.

Interesting little tid bit as we walked out of the courtroom. There was a gentleman sitting in the back row awaiting his turn. He pulled us aside as the judge had walked out of the room to go get a file. He said he went to the same Tandem service center on Stoneman road and went to the mall after his car was making a strange noise. They told him it would need $4500 in repairs and he better get rid of it before he had to tow it. He shook his head and took it directly to a dealership. The dealership fixed this problem for I think he said $260!

Ron and I wondered if he was for real. But why would he say something like that?

Ron was also quite the man about this. I had often said I did not want to go through all this hassle and negative energy. As soon as we were done, he said, "Ok, you get the money." His mother would be proud!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home