Skiing at night
Ron and Mitchel went to Bunker Hill last night and went cross country skiing in the dark. Willie freaked out and would not go cause it was dark. I had too much exercise cleaning my floor and doing laundry all day.
Aunt Cathy got a new puppy on Saturday and they boys were with her all day. Whoa! I cannot compete with that one. All the boys could talk about Saturday night and first thing the next morning was Nutmeg this and Nutmeg that. They fretted over being able to leave and did anything I asked them to do, so that when Cathy called they could go over and see her again. Just too cute. Hope she keeps the name, I like it.
We went to a nutrition seminar all day on Saturday. The presenter was a clinical nutritionist with her doctorate. She showed how what we eat can be changed with diet and small supplements. She gave scientific backing to the things she said - which is much better than just lecturing.
All I can say is that what we are learning in the media about food and prescriptions is being driven by the large pharmas and it is all about making money. It is very hard to look past it and find truths in some basic formulas that have worked for centuries. There is a great commercial for weight watchers out now - love it. Says - if diets work, how come there are so many of them out there. Diets have the word die in it! Diets will kill you. Or make you feel like you are dead.
I do my best when I eat at home with simple home cooked meals. Today I had a wild caught salmon burger that I made myself with ground flax, whole wheat crackers, oatmeal, omega egg and onion. A baby organic spinach salad with walnuts, dried cranberries, dressing of olive oil, agava, apple cider vinegar. Beat that anyone! Ice tea(black)no sugar. I eat very good for lunch as I do not have to make it for anyone but me. It is very hard for me to cook for the kids.
We have 41 degrees today so far. It is going to drop and we are supposed to get some snow again. I got an outside walk in today. I did not want to go, but when I did it felt so good. I forgot what it feels like to exercise outside!
Aunt Cathy got a new puppy on Saturday and they boys were with her all day. Whoa! I cannot compete with that one. All the boys could talk about Saturday night and first thing the next morning was Nutmeg this and Nutmeg that. They fretted over being able to leave and did anything I asked them to do, so that when Cathy called they could go over and see her again. Just too cute. Hope she keeps the name, I like it.
We went to a nutrition seminar all day on Saturday. The presenter was a clinical nutritionist with her doctorate. She showed how what we eat can be changed with diet and small supplements. She gave scientific backing to the things she said - which is much better than just lecturing.
All I can say is that what we are learning in the media about food and prescriptions is being driven by the large pharmas and it is all about making money. It is very hard to look past it and find truths in some basic formulas that have worked for centuries. There is a great commercial for weight watchers out now - love it. Says - if diets work, how come there are so many of them out there. Diets have the word die in it! Diets will kill you. Or make you feel like you are dead.
I do my best when I eat at home with simple home cooked meals. Today I had a wild caught salmon burger that I made myself with ground flax, whole wheat crackers, oatmeal, omega egg and onion. A baby organic spinach salad with walnuts, dried cranberries, dressing of olive oil, agava, apple cider vinegar. Beat that anyone! Ice tea(black)no sugar. I eat very good for lunch as I do not have to make it for anyone but me. It is very hard for me to cook for the kids.
We have 41 degrees today so far. It is going to drop and we are supposed to get some snow again. I got an outside walk in today. I did not want to go, but when I did it felt so good. I forgot what it feels like to exercise outside!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home