Whew Weekend
Both boys awoke this am with what I call a weekend hangover. Tired and achy and not wanting to go to school. There is nothing to eat here for them for breakfast and I woke them late, so I sent them to school for a breakfast of sugar.
Friday Mitchel and I went to Living History Farms with 5th grade. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and entertained while I was there. Took me back to realize all my old talents. I have made hats from scratch with buckram and wire, have done calligraphy with pen and ink, know what is under a 1885 dress, have quilted, have cleaned horse hoofs - so kind of a blast from the past. Mitchel and I could have worked there with our knowledge. He was the only one that knew all the answers at the blacksmith shop. What temp do you think they heat metal to in the furnace. I would have no clue. He said 2400 and the answer was 3000. He knew what an anvil was. I said how do you know all that stuff. He said Ruinscape, which is an online game that you have to go through levels. I guess there is something to be said about games??? Long bus ride back we got back on time at 8:30
Off to Dubuquefest as I wanted to see David Zollo and the body electric. Went to take a photo at the art gallery for the release party for the Writers guild book release. They were all done by the time I walked up there.
Saturday am we ran Mitchel out to Boy Scout Camporee where he stayed until 10am Sunday. We took some photos there and then headed down to dubuquefest again to go through the art booths. Came back home and worked on getting equipment ready for Sundays wedding. Put together a picnic supper and rounded up more equipment to do a slideshow presentation for the rehearsal dinner in Galena. Finshed that up and headed back to Dubuque and ate our picnic on the wall near the gazebo by the river.
Sunday wedding was just too early. Ceremony was at 10am. We had to get the van packed and out the door by 8am! Bride had been sick in am - throwing up and diarrea! During the ceremony the maid of honor had to leave to puke! They were troupers, you would have never known from the outside looking in. They both had beauty and grace!
We were done by 4 and headed home and kind of vegged here. I got the car unloaded which is a big deal and Ron and Mitchel worked on planting a few more things in the garden.
So I too have a weekend hangover today. Body aches from lugging equipment.
Oh and on Saturday I stepped on a coat hanger with one foot and tore the end of it into my other foot on the ball of the foot. I am still hobbling around with a limp today.
Friday Mitchel and I went to Living History Farms with 5th grade. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and entertained while I was there. Took me back to realize all my old talents. I have made hats from scratch with buckram and wire, have done calligraphy with pen and ink, know what is under a 1885 dress, have quilted, have cleaned horse hoofs - so kind of a blast from the past. Mitchel and I could have worked there with our knowledge. He was the only one that knew all the answers at the blacksmith shop. What temp do you think they heat metal to in the furnace. I would have no clue. He said 2400 and the answer was 3000. He knew what an anvil was. I said how do you know all that stuff. He said Ruinscape, which is an online game that you have to go through levels. I guess there is something to be said about games??? Long bus ride back we got back on time at 8:30
Off to Dubuquefest as I wanted to see David Zollo and the body electric. Went to take a photo at the art gallery for the release party for the Writers guild book release. They were all done by the time I walked up there.
Saturday am we ran Mitchel out to Boy Scout Camporee where he stayed until 10am Sunday. We took some photos there and then headed down to dubuquefest again to go through the art booths. Came back home and worked on getting equipment ready for Sundays wedding. Put together a picnic supper and rounded up more equipment to do a slideshow presentation for the rehearsal dinner in Galena. Finshed that up and headed back to Dubuque and ate our picnic on the wall near the gazebo by the river.
Sunday wedding was just too early. Ceremony was at 10am. We had to get the van packed and out the door by 8am! Bride had been sick in am - throwing up and diarrea! During the ceremony the maid of honor had to leave to puke! They were troupers, you would have never known from the outside looking in. They both had beauty and grace!
We were done by 4 and headed home and kind of vegged here. I got the car unloaded which is a big deal and Ron and Mitchel worked on planting a few more things in the garden.
So I too have a weekend hangover today. Body aches from lugging equipment.
Oh and on Saturday I stepped on a coat hanger with one foot and tore the end of it into my other foot on the ball of the foot. I am still hobbling around with a limp today.

1 Comments:
Lady... how is your foot? or better yet how is the grill handling going? I would of lost my 'tator tots' by now... geesh what a hassle!
It was great seeing you Saturday night!
By
Lis, At
9:47 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home