The grill that should not be

We spent several days at the beginning of April choosing a new gas grill. We need one that will hook up to our house gas so you either have to special order one or pick one with a conversion kit. Ron and I drug the kids all over looking at them.
Finally we make our decision. Lowes. I tried to order it as a special order. It came up in the system as unavailable. The sales lady said that they were switching warehouses but did not know when that was happening and she would continue to try to order it. April 10th she placed the order and it went through. 7-10 for it to arrive. I called out at 10 days and a gentleman said not to worry when it comes in they will call me. I forgot to check back.
I called and after a morning on the phone she called back with the news. The grill had been shipped from the warehouse and to the store but it was lost. They never got it. So loss prevention was involved. She had to wait to refund the order so she could cancel the invoice.
Fastforward to yesterday. She called and said it would be in today, Tuesday. Yeah! Hmmm May 8th - almost a month later. I had it set up to be assembled there and we would pick up. Grouchy man said he should assemble it. If so, then you call and cancel the assembly and you do it. So they called this am and I let him answer the phone and he said to just assemble it. He hangs up and yells at me that he should put it together.
Then do it. Call them back. So he yells a bit more and I walk away. So he finally calls back and says I will pick it up.
He picked it up and put it into the back of his car Tuesday am. We get done with scouts at 8:15 and come home to lookie at our grill box. Examination finds a hole in the box. So Ronnie pulls it all apart and sure 'nuf huge dent in a piece.
Cannot get it back into the car. 277#'s cause we cut the strapping tape and it is a 2 piece box. I backed the car in and we managed to lift it up and I backed under it.
8:50pm. They close at 9
We go in for a refund. Hmmm - I have no receipt since it was supposed to be assembled and then all that paperwork would follow the assembly. Manager comes up and says hey, I can order you a new part and give you $30. We find ANOTHER bent part - this box was it at an angle with a forklift.
Are you bored with this story yet?
So bout now I take a walk to call the kids to tell them to go to bed.
I kept telling Ron it was his call since he about cut my head off about the assembly thing this am. Finally decides $50 refund. Assembly instore and free delivery to our house would help him make his decision. Jason the manager says yes.
Done
Now, if the parts can be ordered. Assembly made. I might have a gas grill for the weekend.
But, I do not want to cook for Mother's Day.

1 Comments:
MEN! They can be impossible, can't they?
Don't you dare cook on Mother's day! Let the chef do it :)
By
Lis, At
9:33 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home