Christmas traditions
I think there are more Christmas traditions that I have to adhere to than ever before in my life. Ron and the boys are making party mix as I speak. We have done it for years. Boys and I made cut out cookies last weekend without Ron. So I bowed out of the kitchen to drink my pinot grigio in silence in the office. Just the hum of computer fans and a creek of Shadows basket being snuggled into.
It is about 16 degrees now. A huge snowman keeps guard at my house tonight. A product of Ron and his magic the other night without kids. I guess I should say the big kid made it. We only got about 4 inches of snow on Wednesday. That heavy, wet, packing great kind of stuff.
Today finishing up video copies for a couple I did their wedding and their daughter died this summer. She ran across the road and got hit by a truck in front of her mom. Mom has 2 more kids and one on the way. We did their wedding. Copying all videos to dvd. Ron said he could not do that. I said I am honored they even asked me. Has taken me days and hours to complete 35 DVDs.
Ron took the day off and had fun. He went to a book sale place and they had just been told to mark every softcover book to $2 and hard to $4 and audio books to $2. You would have thought he died and went to heaven. Instead he managed to spend $98 at $2 increments and then come home and tell me about all the stuff he did not buy. Funny, you had to hear him.
Do not have everything done for Christmas yet, but am not worried about it either. Managed to go to Walmart today for few things and get caught in traffic. Yeah, I know, I cannot bitch about traffic, but I do. I have a hard time with going 2.0 miles taking me 15 minutes!!!! Took me 4 turns of the light to get the heck out of the parking lot. Ron wants to go to Madison tomorrow, I said no way. Too much insanity.
Going to watch Polar Express I think tonight, I could not find it today at Wally World, but Ron did. Willie and Ron went to see it with Willies class for kindergarten. Cindy sent us the program for the computer, but I do not know the whole story.
Give a little cheer to someone you do not know. Hold a door, pick up something for someone, give your turn to another. Simple blessings.
Jenn
It is about 16 degrees now. A huge snowman keeps guard at my house tonight. A product of Ron and his magic the other night without kids. I guess I should say the big kid made it. We only got about 4 inches of snow on Wednesday. That heavy, wet, packing great kind of stuff.
Today finishing up video copies for a couple I did their wedding and their daughter died this summer. She ran across the road and got hit by a truck in front of her mom. Mom has 2 more kids and one on the way. We did their wedding. Copying all videos to dvd. Ron said he could not do that. I said I am honored they even asked me. Has taken me days and hours to complete 35 DVDs.
Ron took the day off and had fun. He went to a book sale place and they had just been told to mark every softcover book to $2 and hard to $4 and audio books to $2. You would have thought he died and went to heaven. Instead he managed to spend $98 at $2 increments and then come home and tell me about all the stuff he did not buy. Funny, you had to hear him.
Do not have everything done for Christmas yet, but am not worried about it either. Managed to go to Walmart today for few things and get caught in traffic. Yeah, I know, I cannot bitch about traffic, but I do. I have a hard time with going 2.0 miles taking me 15 minutes!!!! Took me 4 turns of the light to get the heck out of the parking lot. Ron wants to go to Madison tomorrow, I said no way. Too much insanity.
Going to watch Polar Express I think tonight, I could not find it today at Wally World, but Ron did. Willie and Ron went to see it with Willies class for kindergarten. Cindy sent us the program for the computer, but I do not know the whole story.
Give a little cheer to someone you do not know. Hold a door, pick up something for someone, give your turn to another. Simple blessings.
Jenn

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home